Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up ~ The Good, The Bad and the Oh So Ugly!

What a weekend!

If you know me, you know I like them calm. And this one was anything but!

We had a busy day Friday with our Homeschool Co-op's Christmas party for the kids. It was loads of fun with crafts, food, and friends.



Then in the afternoon, Dawson and Brynne were the "Mystery Readers" for Eli's class at school. They tag-teamed an Elephant and Piggie book and it was so sweet. Eli was so excited!


Rick and I then went into town Friday night and did a little shopping. I always enjoy spending this kind of time with Rick. It's just easy and fun.

On Saturday, we had lots of preparations to do for a Christmas party we were hosting that evening. I left the house at 11:30 a.m., thinking I would be gone a couple hours at most, and didn't get home until after 3:00 p.m.! I needed to pick up a few things for the party (should have done that Friday night???), get my nails done, go to the library, drop off recycling. Walmart was a madhouse! The Bedlam game was on that night (OSU/OU), so people were buying up for their parties. And it was pouring! That was fun.

I got home and fixed our food, cleaned up the house as best as possible, and got ready.

Then the fun began!! We hosted an Ugly Christmas Sweater party for our Homeschool Co-op moms and dads. And it was a blast! Not only were the sweaters fun, but the food and fellowship was great! We laughed so hard and just had the best time! It is definitely going to be an annual event. We have the greatest folks in our homeschool community. Loads of fun!




The men (and a couple of the women) watched the Bedlam game and we were happy to hand OU their rear ends. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to boost OSU back into the No. 2 spot to play the championship game against LSU. But, WOW, what a season! (Their only loss was to a non-ranked team, a day after the tragic plane crash that killed their women's basketball coaches.)

This whole weekend I was fighting the cold that Brynne has had for three weeks. So, after we cleaned up from the party, I took a Nyquil and went to bed. I had just drifted off into a nice drug-induced coma when I heard, "Mommy, I think I'm going to throw up!" I jumped up, grabbed Brynne and headed her toward our bathroom. But unfortunately the excorsism occurred all over the carpet in our hall. She proceeded to vomit about every 15-30 minutes until 9:00 a.m. yesterday morning.

Come to find out, about a third of the participants of the kids' Christmas party on Friday had this nasty flu. And it was nasty!!!

I went back to bed yesterday about 11:30 a.m., not feeling so good myself, and slept until about 4:30 p.m. Thankfully daddy was here to help the sick little one. Gradually she moved from ice chips to water to crackers to soup. We sanitized everything, filled the house with a Lysol fog, and got to bed early. And she is back on the mend this morning. Kyndal, on the other hand, now has it. Hopefully it stops there.

Now it's Monday morning. Rick is gone on a business trip. We are back at school. And, we are looking to have a quiet week. (Please?????)

1 comment:

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!