Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Nicole's Daybook

Outside my window... The temperatures are mild, but it's dreary and FOGGY!

I am thinking... about how tired I am of depressing times. It's time for some happiness around here!

I am thankful ... that in the past couple of days, we have had the opportunity to spend some time with Kyndal so that we all feel a little more positive about her moving.

I am wearing... OSU t-shirt, black yoga pants, tennis shoes.

I am planning...  our Christmas break of rest.
 
I am creating... No actual creating going on. But, I am trying to figure out how to make our upstairs look a little nicer now that Kyndal has moved out of her room and Dawson has made it into a "nerd cave" (his words). He has taken furniture from other rooms and, really, it just looks unorganized and trashed. I want it to at least look like a fashionable teenage boy's apartment.

I am going... to deliver Kyndal's bed and the last of her boxes to her friend's house so that her dad can pick it all up this afternoon.

I am reading...  Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (Dawson's read-a-loud) ... we are on the last day, The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson. And I can't wait to start reading my new Ladybug Farm Christmas novella. I am saving it for Christmas break.

I am hoping... that Kyndal transitions into her new life well, and that we do the same.

From the learning rooms... Who cares? Christmas break starts tomorrow! We need a break so bad.

Noticing that ...  I am just so weary. I need jammies, a comfortable blanket, a good book, and some mindless t.v. for about 10 days straight!

From the kitchen... I've got ham and cheesy potatoes in the crockpot.

Around the house... will not be a realtor and boxes. But hopefully there will be some downsizing, closet organization, and readjusting.

One of my favorite things... is still the idea of a simple country life. Maybe someday ... For now, it's a simple-as-possible suburbian life. There is no perfect situation, so contentment must be sought.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Beyond today, our calendar does not have one thing on it! This afternoon Brynne has her Girls Club Christmas Tea and Eli has his Boys Club Christmas party. Kyndal is moving to Missouri this afternoon. Christmas break officially starts tomorrow. Rick's sister and her family will come over for Christmas Eve. But, other than that, we have no plans. Eli's birthday is Thursday and I told him our whole family could go bowling to celebrate. But, knowing him, he'll just want to stay home.

From my picture journal.

Rick and I before his company Christmas party. (Is it just me, or do I look really old?) It was a nice evening, with excellent food and conversation with an older couple at our table.


Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.



2 comments:

  1. You do NOT look old...you two look great!

    Enjoy some down time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look great!
    I hope you get your happy, relaxing break!

    ReplyDelete

In this blogging world we all know that comments are what keep us blogging! So, comment!!!