Outside my window... It's a pretty, sunny December day.
I am thinking... about that game "Telephone" we played as kids where you whisper something in someone's ear and it goes around the circle and the last person tells what they think they heard. Remember that game? The last person is almost always telling a version of the sentence that is way off from what was started. That's how I feel about a certain thing in my life. A version of the story that is believed at the end of the circle is not the true version. But I know the true version because I was where it originated.
I am thankful ... for hope.
I am wearing... my pj's and robe while I sit in bed drinking coffee and doing my Daybook. Man, every day should be like this!
I am planning... oh, Hallelujah, NO PLANNING! We have just wrapped up the last of our end-of-the-year craziness! In four months we have had all four kids' birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and all its celebrations, and a big move. Now, you can hear the crickets chirp. Ahhhhhhhh ........
I am creating... a completed list of organization, and I am ahead of schedule. I am so glad I decided to start the extreme de-cluttering extravaganza before Christmas this year!
I am going... to spend some time with friends this week, which is a rarity for me! Today Brynne and I are going on a play date with some great friends. Tonight Rick and I are going out to meet up with a bunch of his friends from high school. And tomorrow I am having coffee with an old friend, who I miss so much, and hope to begin rebuilding our friendship.
I am reading... Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim (notice no school read-a-longs?)
I am hoping... for a happy 2012!
From the learning rooms... We are on break until January 4th. I, however, am learning how to take my life back, and it feels good.
Noticing that ... I have been an absent wife.
From the kitchen... It's going to be mostly teenage boy style foods and pantry purging over the next week. Rick is going to be gone for about 5 days and I am gaining two teenage boys. The microwave will be on overdrive.
Around the house... all of the Christmas decorations are down and it is back to normal.
One of my favorite things... is hearing and seeing happiness in my kids.
A few plans for the rest of the week... More organizing, more playing, more reading, more relaxing.
I am hoping... for a happy 2012!
From the learning rooms... We are on break until January 4th. I, however, am learning how to take my life back, and it feels good.
Noticing that ... I have been an absent wife.
From the kitchen... It's going to be mostly teenage boy style foods and pantry purging over the next week. Rick is going to be gone for about 5 days and I am gaining two teenage boys. The microwave will be on overdrive.
Around the house... all of the Christmas decorations are down and it is back to normal.
One of my favorite things... is hearing and seeing happiness in my kids.
A few plans for the rest of the week... More organizing, more playing, more reading, more relaxing.
From my picture journal.
Eli and Brynne modeling the latest in Christmas Break dresswear.
Eli and Brynne modeling the latest in Christmas Break dresswear.
Lots of women Daybook. See what they have to say at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

I smiled when I saw that you had your Christmas decorations down too! My husband joked that we are probably the only family who had their tree put away the day after Christmas. Oh, how I hate clutter. If it wasn't for the kids, I probably wouldn't even decorate.
ReplyDelete